2. Setup TM1 Application Server
Here’s what you’ll do to setup tm1 application server:
1. Create a directory structure on your disk as below:
That means on your D: drive you’ll create a folder TM1Beginner and in the folder, you’ll create these 4 folders.
2. Now, Create following 2 files in Data folder.
Tm1s.lic. Copy and paste following content in this file:
Tm1s.cfg. Copy and paste following content in this file:
AuditLogMaxFileSize= 100 MB
3. Create a shortcut in the TM1Beginner folder and paste following code for it in the Location window of shortcut.
“C:\Program Files\cognos\TM1\bin\tm1s.exe” -z “D:\TM1Beginner\Data”
Remember, if you’ve installed the TM1 in “C:\Program Files\cognos\TM1\Bin” directory, only then your shortcut will work. So better take a look at this disk location to see if tm1s.exe does exist in “C:\Program Files\cognos\TM1\Bin”. If it doesn’t then you need to find out the disk location of tm1s.exe. May be you can search for it in your Program Files.
Once you have found the tm1s.exe file, give that disk path instead of the above. For example if you found the tm1s.exe file in D:\Program Files\IBM\TM1\Bin folder, you have to supply:
” D:\Program Files\IBM\TM1\bin\tm1s.exe” -z “D:\TM1Beginner\Data”
4. Showtime!! Launch your application server by double clicking on the shortcut. Doing this will launch the application server on 22222 port on your computer.
5. It will create TM1 objects in the data directory and will create log files in Logs directory. Open these 2 directories and confirm this. After the complete launch, the launch window will automatically minimize which means you can start working on Tm1 application server. Keep that window minimized (don’t close it as long as you work)
6. Now launch Architect from Start > All Programs > IBM Cognos (or any other start path you provided). It will show the server that you just created. Double click on it and it will ask for a username and password. Put Admin as username and press enter.
7. You’ll see following hierarchy. Now you’re ready to create your tm1 model.